Friday, February 12, 2010

Lessons Learned

Today I was thinking about becoming a teacher after spending a long time in another line of work. I’ve accidentally learned a few things over the years that are going to benefit me as I step into the world of education.


Listen to others. They just may have a better idea than you or they might be trying to tell you something important.

Be adaptable. Each day brings new situations and new ideas that need to be explained. Not everyone receives information in the same way though, so you have to be prepared to deliver it in a way that they can understand.

Be persistent. Since I’m not a genius, I implement persistence all the time. So many things in life can be worked out by simply not giving up.

Watch out for teachable moments. They are literally EVERYWHERE!

Have a good attitude. Even on bad days, a good attitude will make you feel better and you just might make someone else who is having a bad day feel a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment