Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Field Trips

I can remember funneling through the big yellow school bus doors and finding a seat just like it was yesterday. As a fourth grader, I walked or rode my bike to school most every day so a ride on a school bus was pretty cool. My class was going on a field trip to see the North Carolina Symphony at the Raleigh Memorial Auditorium. I was very excited because I planned on playing the violin in the middle school orchestra so I intended to pay particular attention to the string section. The bus driver started the bus and eased out on to the highway. Soon we were there and it was as magical as I imagined. The sights, the sounds, and the adventure of it all was so fun to me! I talked about it for days and I still think about it whenever I drive past the Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts as the building is now known. Field trips certainly do create lasting memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment