Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Meeting The Needs Of All Students

Recently, in one of my classes, we’ve discussed the needs of academically gifted children in the classroom. This has been an eye-opening subject for me and I have to admit that I’ve rarely given this student demographic much thought. This is a group that is as deserving of quality, need-meeting education as at-risk students. Somehow, AIG students are often overlooked and underappreciated. I hope to be a teacher that can scaffold my lessons to meet the needs of every student in my class. I don’t want any student to feel unchallenged, unimportant, or unmotivated.

2 comments:

  1. Amanda R. VaughanMay 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM

    I believe, given your dedication to the field, you will have no difficulty in reaching every student you come in contact with! You are a wonderful person and enjoy the experience of learning through teaching. Because of this, you will most certainly be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I have no doubt that you'll be a champion of this cause as well.

    ReplyDelete